Our ambitious vision is to achieve excellence in education to ensure that our children can thrive in the rapidly changing social and employment environments of the 21st century.
We will do this through:
- Ensuring the curricular provision is rich, broad, balanced, bespoke, and relevant with high expectations that every child will enjoy learning and have the courage and determination to be the best they can be, in learning, and as citizens of the global community.
- Continuing to recruit, train and develop and value a highly ambitious, professional and competent workforce that is committed to the highest standards and will go above and beyond for the children.
- Establishing a new learning environment that will facilitate high quality teaching and learning – safe, organised and tidy, rich with display and resources that enable learning, innovative – equipped with the latest and best resources and technology that support teaching and learning, celebratory of achievements; a fantastic and exciting place to be and to learn.
- Providing a happy, safe, supportive and inclusive learning environment in which learning can flourish and every child can experience and celebrate success.
- Developing the potential of every learner and encouraging all members of the school community to be the best they can be.
- Developing understanding of and respect for a wide range of religious values, languages and cultural traditions and different ways of life.
- Improving outcomes for all pupils, particularly disadvantaged pupils and the most vulnerable.
- Helping all individuals regardless of their race, gender or disability to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to achieve their full potential in a rapidly changing world.
- Promoting excellence, equality and high aspirations for all learners.
- Encouraging our pupils to be honest about their behaviour and take responsibility for their actions.
- Supporting ambition and generating optimism for the future.
- Preparing learners academically, socially, and emotionally for their next steps of education and equipping them with skills for lifelong learning.
- To encourage positive parental and community involvement.
We have a strong set of values which underpin everything we do. Along with these, the British Values of Democracy, The Rule of Law, Individual Liberty, Mutual Respect and Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs are embedded within our school.
It is important to us that we celebrate our diversity and each other’s unique qualities, welcoming difference as a way of embracing what each member of our school community has to offer. We have high expectations for our children and promote our values with a joint responsibility with children and parents alike.
Perseverance. Integrity. Respect. Ambition. Tolerance. Empathy (PIRATE)
We keep trying to reach our goals, even if we make a mistake
We are honest and doing the right things, even when no one is watching
We show good manners and treat others as we wished to be treated
We have a ‘can do’ attitude and we aim high!
We accept people for who and what they are – even when they are different to us
We are kind, compassionate and think about other’s feelings
Our School Rules
- To show respect and good manners at all times
- To follow instructions with thought and care
- To treat others as you would like to be treated yourself and be the best you can be
We aim to ensure that our children become responsible, active citizens who participate in democracy and public life with respect for diversity and a commitment to working towards greater community cohesion. Personal, Social, Health Education and Citizenship is at the heart of our school which emphasises the difference between right and wrong and respecting and tolerating differences in a very diverse and modern Britain.
We have planned a curriculum that will enable children to make progress towards these aims.