What is the Sports Premium?
The PE and sport premium is an additional grant of money provided directly to schools by the government which is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best of way using of the money.
We aim to find the most effective and efficient way to use this funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on the learning and physical development of our pupils
Our funding will be used to target the following areas :
- Continued Professional Development for staff via training courses.
- Adding and improving existing resources for teaching PE and Sport
- Supporting extra-curricular club provision.
- Increasing active participation in physical activity and school sport.
- Providing opportunities for children to compete within intra and inter sporting competition
- Continually raising the profile of active healthy lifestyles given the many benefits associated with behaviour, attainment and achievement.